2. On the Kabalistic Tree of Life, five is the number of Geburah, the central sephirah on the left-hand pillar, the fifth in order from the top of the Tree. Geburah means "severity," and indeed, some people relate the number five to the concept of karma. To some people this means punishment for past actions. However true karma doesn't punish or reward, it educates. Sometimes that education seems severe. It's symbol is the pentagram.
Five also represents humans in their most physical form:
1) Five extensions from the torso (2 legs, 2 arms, the head)
2) Five fingers on each hand
3) Five toes on each foot
4) Five common senses
5) Each hand has 15 joints or five to it's spiritually highest level
6) There are five physical elements of which we're made: air, earth, fire, water, and spirit.