Color of the day: Purple
Incense of the day: Alder
This spell is useful for projects that require a sustained effort, from a few days to a few years. You’ll activate five powers, one for each of your fingers. Throughout the project, you can call on any or all of these powers when needed by pressing together the relevant fingers and bringing the power to mind:
* Thumb: Strength; the ability to gather and apply energy in service of your goal
* Index finger: Focus; mindful attention on aspects relevant to your goal
* Middle finger: Balance; effective interplay of polarities, such as work/rest, intellect/intuition, etc.
* Ring finger: Commitment; sustained effort and motivation for the duration of the project
* Pinkie: Creativity; the ability to think and do in new ways and make interesting, relevant connections
To activate the powers, press the fingers of the opposite hands together, one at a time, as you say:
I activate the powers at hand:
The strength of the thumb,
Focus of the index,
Balance of the middle,
Commitment of the ring,
And creativity of the pinkie.