This is a fun way of exploring the feminine archetypes in the Tarot, world mythology, and within yourself—regardless of your gender. I encourage you to do this spread even if you are still shy of interpreting the cards: the sooner you begin to get used to the process of reading, the sooner you will improve. If you have to use a book to give yourself a head start on the meanings feel free, but try your best to interpret the card images intuitively.
- Mother: What do you nurture? How do you create?
- Virgin: What is a mystery to you? How do you celebrate your image?
- Siren: What attracts others to you? How can you celebrate your sexuality?
- Sorceress: What do you control and manipulate? How can you change your life?
- Wise woman: What do you know deeply? How can you share your knowledge?
- Fairy Godmother: What gifts can you give to the world and others? How do others approach you?
- Wife: What are you married to? How do you devote yourself to things?
- Hag: What in you is ugly and terrifying? How can you redeem this monster?
- Amazon: What would you fight for? How can you develop your courage and determination?
Excerpted from Tarot 101, by Kim Huggens